Monday, November 11, 2013

Random Essie Review: "Chinchilly"

I can't ignore my Essie polishes for very long, so here's another Random Essie Review. I just painted my nails this color and am trying to see how long I can go without changing them, haha. Here's "Chinchilly."


Normal daytime lighting, no flash. With Essie "Good To Go" topcoat:

"Chinchilly" is from Essie's fall 2009 "Cuddle With Color" collection and is now considered one of Essie's "classic" colors...apparently. As you can see, I have the mini bottle of "Chinchilly" that I got in the newly-released for the holidays Essie Holiday Set that features 5 of Essie's "classic" shades, including "Chinchilly," "Forever Yummy," "Turquoise & Caicos," "Wicked" & "Ballet Slippers."

I will probably review the rest of the set at some point on here as future Random Essie Reviews. But, as for "Chinchilly," this is one of the smoothest Essie polishes I've tried so far. It is a bit similar to "Merino Cool" formula-wise, but in a lighter, more gray tone. It still possesses some of that mild purplish (in this case, lavender-ish) intonations, too, like "MC."

I'm not quite sure that I like one shade better than the other. I suppose that if I had to pick one, I'd prefer "Merino Cool" because my skin is light and the deeper color looks better on me. I'll also post about my thoughts on "MC" soon..

So, while "Chinchilly" is a completely lovely polish, for lighter skin tones, I might suggest "Merino Cool." See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment