Saturday, November 9, 2013

3 Essie Drugstore Dupes

Hey, hey. So, since I'm clearly into Essie polish, I thought I would do some comparisons to some common drugstore polishes. These are gonna be 2 finger swatches. Here we go...

1.) Essie "Fiji" vs. Nicole OPI "How Fairy Nice of You"
 I actually can't remember which color is which! They look like dupes to me, though I believe that "How Fairy..." is slightly whiter than "Fiji."


Still can't tell? Me neither. Oh, well. Total dupes. Though "How Fairy" I don't think is available anymore. It's from the Nicole OPI "Peter Pan" collection from summer this year. I got it on sale from Walgreens for $4. But Nicole OPIs are usually around $7 or $8 usually, I think.

2.) Essie "Pretty Edgy" vs. Revlon "Posh"

In the bottle, you can kind of tell that "Posh" is more saturated than "Pretty Edgy." On the nail, that's pretty true also, but I think that might also depend on lighting. Here they are with camera flash:

L - "Posh" R - "Pretty Edgy"
You can just barely see the difference in color saturations on the nail. "Posh" really only requires 1 coat for full opacity, while "Pretty Edgy" needs 2 coats due to its thinner, more watery formula. 


If I had to choose one over the other, I'd say the Essie, of course. The softer formula just feels nicer. "Posh" is the only widely-available Lawn (or Palmetto) Green dupe right now, though. And it's cheaper, at $5 to $6 practically everywhere.

3.) Essie "Naughty Nautical" vs. Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear "Kiwi Bikini"
Side by side, you can tell these two are not dead-on dupes. But, the similarities between Essie's Summer 2013 collection and Sally Hansen's Summer 2013 collection (similar names to some random Essie polishes, not really with corresponding color. This name recalls "Bikini So Teeny" from Essie Summer 2012. Anyway...


L - "NN"   R - "KB"
Nope, not dupes. But quite similar colors.  "Kiwi" is more green. Both released at the same time. "Nautical" has that lovely Essie micro-glitter I talked about before. And this shade is now part of her core collection. 

You might still be able to find "Kiwi Bikini" if you look around. It was part of Sally Hansen's Summer 2013 collection, & most stores have already cleared them out, but if you're looking for something at only $3 (& possibly cheaper!), then go check it out.

And that's all for now. I'll have more in future posts. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment