Friday, November 15, 2013

MOTD ( + an Essie dupe!) - "Splash of Grenadine"

Well, this is one of those polishes that I've heard a lot about but had decided it was out of my reach (that is, of course, unless I wanted to get it on eBay..) Until I once more randomly fell upon a rare Essie shade - "Splash of Grenadine."

"Splash of Grenadine" is a blue-toned deep pink color. While it is described by Essie as "a playful magenta pink," I find that to be a total understatement. This is not what I think of when I think of magenta pink. Magentas are usually darker pink, more like "The Girls Are Out." "SOG" is a medium creamy pink with purplish overtones.

Bottle Comparisons  L = "Splash of Grenadine" ; R = "The Girls Are Out"

As you can see, "Splash of Grenadine" (or, as i'll call it from here on, by the acronym "SOG") is a lighter, more flowery shade than "TGAO." Anyway, I just wanted to illustrate the medium color of "SOG."

Index/Ring fingers = "SOG"; Middle/Pinky = Sally Hansen "Pinch Of Punch"

And here we have what appears to be a total dupe for "SOG": Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear "Pinch of Punch." Gee, they couldn't even be subtle about naming, could they? Lol. As you can see from my middle finger in the above photo, "POP" is a little lighter in tone than "SOG." Sorry, my pinkie is pretty much hidden behind my ring finger, but since it's shaded, "POP" looks just like "SOG." 

So, depending on lighting, Essie "Splash of Grenadine" and Sally Hansen "Pinch of Punch" are essentially dupes. Each polish took 2 coats for opacity.


No comments:

Post a Comment