Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Special Essie Comparison: "Leading Lady" (Winter 2012) vs. "Toggle To The Top" (Winter 2013)

Hello, hello again. Today I am ecstatic, because, well, the new Essie Winter 2013 collection is officially in drugstores today (just went to Rite Aid after finally spotting the winter 2013 collection on essie.com, and they have a new endcap with 4 of the 6 new Winter shades):

Not such a good close up, but the shades from left to right: "Toggle To The Top"; "Shearling Darling"; "Sable Collar"; "Parka Perfect"


So, yes, Essie Winter 2013 is here. But, much like everyone else, I noticed the fair amount of resemblance between this year's "Toggle To The Top" & last year's "Leading Lady." And naturally, I had to grab "Toggle To The Top" & compare away...


Left: "Leading Lady" Right: "Toggle To The Top" (daytime light w/ camera flash)


Same as above w/ no camera flash:

All pics 2 coats each w/ Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
Index finger/ring finger: "TTTT"
Middle finger/pinkie: "LL" 
*daytime light, no cam flash 


Same as above w/ camera flash (BTW, sorry for the messy cuticles - I'm just so excited about these colors! My hands are literally shaking! Ha.)

And there they are, 2 pretty babes, side by side. "Toggle to The Top" which I will refer to as "TTTT," is just as gorgeous & glittery as its big sister "Leading Lady" (or "LL"). Same exact formulas (smooth dark red jelly bases with expertly-formulated glitter inside), but the colors vary ever so slightly...

"TTTT" - Slightly darker, more cranberry
"LL" - A lighter version of its new sister polish, more ruby toned.

I believe Essie's descriptions both use "garnet" as an illustration of the red coloring in each of these, or maybe just "TTTT" & I'm just imagining it (ugh), but I think "TTTT" makes "LL" look like a true garnet red.

Together under direct sunlight (you'll notice "TTTT" by its mildly more crimson-ified tone):

So, yea. Beautiful, sexy, gorgeous, hot. All those adjectives apply to both these ladies. But to be perfectly honest... I find I like the sprightlier pop of ruby tones in "LL" a little more than the sexier, darker hue of cranberry in "TTTT."

Hope you enjoyed the pics. They're not perfectly great, kind of on purpose since I don't really want them taken, but eh, whatever. Lol. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment