Sunday, October 20, 2013

Essie Winter 2012 Collection - "Butler Please"

Hey there. I've taken a couple of days off from blogging, but here I am again, and here is one of Essie's most popular polishes from last year's winter Essie collection, "Butler Please" blue.


In normal daylight, no flash, no topcoat:


With flash, no topcoat

As you can see, this pretty cobalt blue doesn't have the shiny "wet" finish that I think many have come to expect from Essie (take a look at the posts for "Mind Your Mittens" and "Where's My Chauffeur" and you'll see what I mean,haha). Instead, this one dries with only a semi-shiny finish in that it's not totally matte, but not wet-looking at all.

However, the satin finish may be a plus for some, though it's also kind of a formula dud. You have to be pretty careful applying these types of polishes - the formula is streakier so there's more risk of bald-spotting and, of course, streaks! But, it does dry quickly, which is always nice.

The photos show 3 coats each. Again, its matte-ness is this polish's charm. For me, this polish is just OK. I prefer shiny wet looks to matte, but the color is just wonderful.

So, if you like neon matte colors, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment