Friday, October 18, 2013

Essie Winter 2013 (New!) Collection: "Sable Collar"

I'm back, sooner than expected, to share another polish that I couldn't wait to show off since I'm so excited about Essie's new winter collection: it's "Sable Collar" brown!!!

Target had yet another surprise for me yesterday with another as-of-yet hidden gem; "Sable Collar" was sitting all by its lonesome on the endcap by "Just For The Twill Of It," literally the only one (I checked). Wow, Target is sneaky about putting out shades before they're released! Heh.

So, of course, I snapped it up and now have swatches for you:

With camera flash, my favorite swatch, really shows the depth of this polish

In a room during daylight, no camera flash, no top coat

"Sable Collar" is a shimmery dark brown with hints of reddish and maybe even purple shine. This is my very first Essie brown, but I have to say that I really love it. The formula was divine - some of my fingers have only 1 coat in the swatches! It dries to a mildly satin finish (not super shiny, but shiny enough) and looks just lovely.

It would be nice for a neutral kind of day, though I see the color as more of a Fall kind of shade. But then again, the unique shimmer tones in this polish make it stunning for Winter as well. This could also work as a "conservative" type of polish, for work or that kind of thing. It could also work for going out at night, really - it works for anything! 

Big thumbs up to "Sable Collar"! My favorite of the Winter 2013 collection so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment