Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Essie Winter 2012 (Last Year's) Collection: "Leading Lady"

So, while I offered a preview of a polish that still hasn't officially become available that I somehow fell upon a couple days ago (a salesperson put it out on the rack not knowing it hasn't been released yet, is my guess), I'm still waiting eagerly for the Essie Winter 2013 collection.

The collection is not up on Essie's website yet, and as of yesterday, Target didn't have it yet either. So, I don't know what the deal is - it really seems like Essie is delaying the release for some reason. 

But anyway, as I wait, I started thinking about last year's Winter collection called the "Leading Lady" collection, and how much I love the namesake polish. I took a few swatches under various lighting conditions the other day, and thought I would share them. All pics have Seche Vite top coat over the polish to smooth out the glitter texture:

"Leading Lady" in daytime indoor lighting

Daytime indoor w/ camera flash

Under traditional room lighting 


"Leading Lady" is probably my favorite Essie so far, though I'm fairly new to polish. I've heard about the one it's reminiscent of, the famous "Ruby Slippers," that apparently has more of a golden glow in slightly lighter red polish. 
"Leading Lady" is a very deep garnet red polish with red glitter, so it's much darker than "Ruby Slippers" from what I've heard and seen.

I would highly recommend "Leading Lady" to anyone. I also stumbled upon a random bottle of this at a Walgreen's. It was the only one left a few weeks ago in a slightly dusty display (AKA a display that was somehow forgotten and was literally gathering dust, haha), and I just love it. 

I have a very light skin tone, so the dark red is sumptuous, and the glitter, classy. And, with a super shiny top coat like Seche Vite - absolute beauty! But, whatever your skin tone, I think it will work. It's just a gorgeous shade, perfect for Christmas and New Year's! 

So, yes, "Leading Lady": my fave. Watch for my next few posts as I review a couple other shades from last year's Essie winter collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment